In the words of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood Director and advocate of abortion,
“This memo is real…”
Abby writes on her blog saying, “When I worked at Planned Parenthood, there was something that we were not allowed to talk about. If we didn’t talk about it, then maybe no one else would either. It was called the Jaffe Memo. In 1969, Planned Parenthood was asked by the government to produce some ideas to help with overpopulation. They did just that. What is in the memo as a “solution” to overpopulation is astonishing. And, I’m sorry to say, it looks like the Jaffe Memo is starting to show its face in our culture.”
Read the jaffememo here.
In the Jaffe Memo, Frederick Jaffe, who was the head of research at Planned Parenthood, proposed “compulsory sterilization for those who have already had two children.” (Examples of Proposed Measures to Reduce U.S. Fertility.) 1
He also proposed “compulsory abortion for out-of-wedlock pregnancies,” 2 federal entitlement “payments to encourage abortion,” 3 and “tax penalties” for existing large families.4
Alan Guttmacher himself, who was the president of Planned Parenthood for over a decade, stated, “Each country will have to decide its own form of coercion, determining when and how it should be employed,” noting that “the means presently available are compulsory sterilization and abortion.” 5 He told a reporter that such force may be especially needed “in areas where the pressure is the greatest, possibly in India and China.” 6
Could this be why Planned Parenthood supports China’s current coercive one-child per couple policy?7 This brutal policy includes mandatory sterilization and forced abortions. The United States and other Western countries, including Canada, have been funneling tens of millions of dollars to organizations such as the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which support China’s brutal One Child Policy.8 The Canadian government recently approved a $6 million grant awarded to International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF’s) affiliates in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Mali, Sudan, and Tanzania. 9
1. Examples of proposed Measures to Reduce U.S. Fertility, a Planned Parenthood memo written by Frederick Jaffe (Planned Parenthood head of research), 1969.
4. Activities Relevant to the Study of Population Policy for the U.S., a memo written by Frederick Jaffe and quoted in Family Planning Perspectives special supplement no. 1129, 10-70/30, p. ix.
5. Claire Chambers, The SIECUS Circle, (Belmont, Mass.: Western Islands, 1977), p. 330.
6. Richard D. Glasow, Ph.D., Ideology Compels Fervid PPFA Abortion Advocacy, National Right to Life News (March 28, 1985), p. 5.
7. The Wall Street Journal, December 19, 1984.
8. http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/china-aid-director-us-western-countries-accomplices-in-chinas-brutal-one/, Douglas Johnson, New Battle Looms Over U.S. Aid for U.N. Agency Supporting Coerced Abortion, National Right to Life News (May 1, 1986), p. 1.
Canada’s population is aging fast and senior citizens would outnumber children in about a decade.The projections show that by about 2015 seniors would account for over 25% of the total population and continue to grow.
The Question I would like to ask my fellow Canadian’s is where have all the babies gone? Is this new worldview of Politically Correct Relativism by Government Decree and Court Enforcement, really better than The Christian Perspective we had before? Is this what our fathers and grandfathers fought two World Wars against tyrants for; to become just like them?
What kind of society passes Laws to legally kill babies in their mothers wombs? Don’t you think these babies deserve our protection, instead of Capital Punishment? What kind of precedent does this set for other crimes against humanity?
A society educated to love without meaning,(Kinsey Sex Education), and murder without guilt, ( Abortion), does go on to cause much more despair. History ought to have taught us, about Nations that have traveled this road before.